Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

Week 1, Day 2, Activity 3 (SLJ)

For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, was brave like Sully.

My mum is a powerlifter. One day she was lifting 180kgs in a farmers lift. Once she finished her set she placed down the weights, not realising that she had dropped it on her left foot. The trainer asked if she was okay and one person mocked saying that she was going to cry. She replied with "No, I'm going to finish this set," and she did.

Later that night she cooked my brother and I dinner and vaccumed the house with frozen vegetables wrapped around her left foot.

The next day she went to the A&E and found out that she had broken a toe and a bone. They give her a moonboot and she carried on with her life like it was normal.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Kia ora Riiana,

Wow - your mum sounds awesome! Firstly being a powerlifter, but being that brave as well? Go her!

How inspiring, does she make you want to power lift? Also, it's really nice to read how supportive you were to her with the dinner and the vacuuming.

Nga mihi
Erica

Anonymous said...

Hello Erica,

No I don't think I want to power lift :<.

Kind regards,
Riiana

Alex said...

Hi Riiana,
I found it interesting that your mother was able to carry on after dropping 180kgs on her foot. I also found it interesting that someone was mocking her for doing so, did she say anything back to them?

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Alex,

Aside from what I mentioned in my post, that's all that happened.

- Riiana

Post a Comment