Pages

Friday 31 July 2020

The Akomanga Kaihanga Showcase: Team Renegade

See the previous post to view the poster and slideshow.✨
------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday 23rd July, at 5PM-7PM we were going to present our work to our whanau.

It started off with Saia opening with a speech he had learned two days prior. Mind you he’s not even Maori but that didn’t stop him. The confidence and pronunciation were on point! πŸ˜˜πŸ‘Œ

Next, our principal and guiders shared their speeches of how we have progressed and grown and how we will continue to do so followed by eating time.
Not going to lie, after Mr Dunn's speech I felt kind of inspired, like I still wanted to do more to help out the community. πŸ™ˆ

The next bit however...was the time for us to present our work. I started with a welcoming to the parents, Champion had the task of speaking about our project challenge, I spoke about our trip to the town centre and the data we collected, Temu talked about the other half of the data, Naomi spoke about what we are planning on doing next and Amelia talked about the capabilities we have gained from doing this project.

With the slideshow the speakers alternated between Amelia, Temu, and Naomi.

Normally when I speak in front of others the atmosphere is tense and it feels all gloomy, but that night I honestly felt none of that. It was more like stepping outside on a chilly winter morning, all my focus was on me breathing out. Something along those lines.

I think the audience got our message. The feedback and questions we got...I can say that I was not expecting any of them BUT they were fun to answer. One question that has stuck with me was “Does your group actually care about this or are you doing this just because it’s there?” The reason we started this project was because of our concern for pedestrians near Line RD so of course we answered with “Yes, we do care,”.

I can’t get over how awesome all my team members are. We all had messed up our lines but we kept going. And the way they all talked, they sounded so full of confidence and used expressions wonderfully πŸ˜­πŸ’–!! After each group we presented to (there were 6 groups total) we just kept getting better and better.

That night had ended with me being full of pride. I honestly believe it went well. We can most definitely improve on our memorisation but other than that it was good.
Just wanted to end this post with this picture. Team Renegade >> anything else

1 comment:

ApeluatT.C said...

Thank Riiana for sharing your project groups experience! What a great team you have and I know that you all put in a wonderful effort to present what you'd learnt! Well done Team Renegade!!

Post a Comment