Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Week 3, Day 5 (SLJ)

Activity 1
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to join an Underwater Robotics team at your school. Why or why not?
Here is the video we had to watch.

Holding a competition where people use Aquabots to collect items in a pool is such a cool concept but personally I'm not too interested. I'm not a fan on playing around with bots and I don't find standing around controlling something too enjoyable.
_________________________________________________
Activity 2
On your blog, tell us about your favourite game. What is it called? How do you play it?
I don't have a favourite game so I picked this.
This is a game my mum and I usually play in the car. We'd look out the car window and count how many cars pass us and subtract from the number if we manage to pass them. Sometimes we count how many cars of the same colour we can spot. 
_________________________________________________
Activity 3
For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.

10 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Sounds like aqua-robotics will not be on the curriculum at RPS this year Riiana...Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Georgia SLJ said...

Kia ora Riiana,

Hopefully you’re enjoying your holidays! Although we had some pretty average weather over the past week, it is finally becoming sunny & super hot! What have you enjoyed most on your holiday?

I really love your third activity! I really love how you took the information that you read and put it in your own words- kai pai! This is extremely important as you are not copying someone else’s words or ideas. I also really love how you used Google Slides.

If you were to make a business or create a business idea what would it be? Keen to hear your ideas!

Nga mihi,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Hello Georgia!

I've enjoyed lounging around. Whaat about you? How is your holiday going?

Thank you!

Your question has stumped me. I don't know what my business would be about! Maybe something related to cats?

Kind regards,
Riiana

Georgia SLJ said...

Hey again Riiana!

That's awesome that you've enjoyed lounging around. I have really enjoyed my holiday break. I spent time with my friends and family. I also loved lounging around, I got to watch some really cool TV shows.

Oooh! Have you ever looked at a cat cafe? That is a new business idea and there's only a few cat cafe's in Auckland. Here check it out! https://www.baristacats.co.nz/

Nga mihi,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Hi again Georgia.

I didn't know there were cat cafes in NZ!! The cats in the Barista Cats video are so adorable!! Yes, if I ever wanted to start a cat business it would definitely be a cat cafe.

- Riiana :D

Georgia SLJ said...

Aren't they awesome! There's also a cat cafe in Rotorua too. I reckon your cat cafe would be an absolute hit!

Keep up the awesome mahi!

- Georgia

Daniel said...

Hi Riiana

Well done on completing these three activities. I also like to play games with my family while I am in the car. My favorite one is where we try to see who can see the most 'yellow cars'. Madame C J Walker sounded like such a great person to be donating women to organizations after she became successful. Your poster on her was great and provided a lot of interesting information! Keep up the excellent work.

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Daniel,

I used to play Yellow Car with my friends (that's what my friends and I had decided to call it) whenever we were on a school trip.

Thank you once again!

- Riiana

Alex said...

Hi Riiana,
I found it interesting that you wouldn't want to join an underwater robotics team because you don't like standing around. I also found it interesting that you and your mum play a game of counting. What's the highest number you've counted to?

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Alex,

I believe the number was 17! Do you and your family play any games in the car?

- Riiana

Post a Comment