Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Week 2, Day 4 (SLJ)

Activity 1
For this activity, read through the seven whakataukī (proverbs or metaphors) presented in this document. Choose one that has meaning for you. Create a poster that features the whakataukī and be sure to include at least one image (a drawing or photograph) on the poster that represents the whakataukī that you chose.

_________________________________________________
Activity 2
For this activity we are going to become more familiar with some of these amazing indigenous communities. Please click on the links below to learn more about these fascinating groups. On your blog tell us the names of the two groups that you chose and then tell us at least two interesting facts about each group. To earn full points, you must provide two facts about both groups - 4 facts in total.

_________________________________________________
Activity 3
For this activity, please identify someone in your life who is a role model to you. This could be a parent, grandparent, neighbour, minister, imam, rabbi etc. Please ask them to share one piece of wisdom (advice) with you that they think you and your blog readers should hear.


I admire so many people but the first one to come to mind was Stephen. This quote really stuck to me because there was a time in my life where I hated myself more than I hated anything and anyone else. I am thankful that I was able to overcome that part of my life and only wish to have heard this sooner. At least I am able to share this with all of you who are reading this!! If you'd like to hear the quote, here you go. Skip to 5:06.

12 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Great collective activity posts Riiana - which one did you enjoy doing the most? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Mrs Collins,

I enjoyed doing activity 3!

- Riiana

-Viliami T- said...

Kia Ora Riiana

Amazing Job on finding out facts and Info about The Ainu People and The Australian Aboriginal People. Also the theory about Australian Aboriginal People is amazing the theory that their people came out of africa 70,ooo years ago is amazing.

Great Job Riiana

SLJ Manaiakalani Cluster said...

Kia ora Riiana

Thanks for completing these 3 activities in one blog post, I'm going to comment on your third activity, Wise Words.

I'm so happy that you've picked Stephen - although I have no idea who they are - I completely agree with what they have said about loving yourself. I'm glad that at your age you've come to realise the importance of self-love - I'm sorry to hear that you once had so much hate for yourself, that's really sad. However, I can empathise with you, I too haven't always loved myself and I'm not completely sure where this stemmed from but it's something that I try to work on every single day. I hope to love myself completely some day soon. Any advice?

Ngā mihi
Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hiya Jordan!!

I'm not the best at advice but I think that you should dedicate time to yourself. Don't feel forced to do things for others if you're not happy with it.

Also know that you can't be the best you everyday. Some days you will slip up and that's okay. You just have to learn to accept that.

I hope this helps somewhat. Let us both try our bests at loving ourselves completely!!

- Riiana :D

Daniel said...

Hey Riiana

Great job as usual on completing these SLJ activities. It's sad that indigenous people like the Ainu and Aboriginals are very low in terms of population. The way that these two groups have been treated isn't right. What do you think could be done to help them out? Keep up the good work.

Daniel

Mrs Hamilton said...

Hi Riiana,
Love the activities that you did. The whakatauki is great and one I will remember and use. I love your interpretation of it. Everyone has their own interpretation, mine is that sometimes you need to look at the past to prepare for your future. You learn from the past to create a better future but it doesn't mean you carry the past into the future - do you know what I mean. Anyway great learning.

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Mrs Hamilton,

Yes I know what you mean. That's a great way of seeing the quote!

Thank you for commenting!
- Riiana :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello Daniel!

For starters, the government could return the land that was stolen from them and reinstate their rights as indigenous people.

Kind regards,
Riiana

Alex said...

Hi Riiana,
I liked how you gave a very detailed explanation on who the Ainu and Aboriginal people are, and what's happened to them. I also liked how you included lots of pictures of the two communities. Would you want to join one of those groups?

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Alex,

I don't know how to answer this question. No? I'm already an indigineous person. I'm Maori!

- Riiana

Post a Comment