Pages

Monday 13 January 2020

Week 4, Day 1 (SLJ)

Activity 1
For this activity, design a book cover for your favourite book. You will need to think about what needs to be on the cover (the title, author, illustrator), pictures, colour, etc. Please create all of the images yourself (draw or photograph) rather than using images that you find online.

Midnight Howl used to be my favourite book for a while!!
_________________________________________________
Activity 2
For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.

The translation was not at all what I was expecting. I had expected it to be more bizarre. 
_________________________________________________
Activity 3
For this activity, we would like you to imagine that you have a diary. In your diary please write a story about your most extraordinary day. What happened? You can tell us about an actual event or you can make one up. It’s totally up to you! Please be as creative as you can.

This entry is 10 billion percent (does anyone get this reference?) made up.

6 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Great collective activities Riiana - I really liked your book cover design, very cool! Which activity did you enjoy doing the most? Keep blogging, you're doing SO well on the SLJ!

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Ms Collins!

Thank you!! I enjoyed completing activity 1 this time.

Daniel said...

Hey Riiana

Well done on completing another days worth of activities. That translation into Shakespearean English was also not what I was expecting. It sounds pretty weird compared to how we speak today. The book cover that you designed for Midnight Howl is also really cool. What was your favorite part about the book? Keep up the good work!

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hello Daniel!

Thank you! I don't think I managed to finish the book but, and SPOILER WARNING...





the girl on the front cover had been suspected to be a werewolf, and all the signs were pointing to her. My favourite part of the book (that I was able to read) was when it was revealed that she was not a werewolf and had been sneaking out at night for a totally different reason!

Sincerely,
Riiana

Alex said...

Hi Riiana,
I liked how you put lots of detail and effort into designing your own book cover. I also liked how you described what happened to you in the morning with lots of detail. Would you want to live in the Shakespearean times?

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Alex,

I don't think I would like to live in those times. If I'm recalling correctly, those times were way more violent than nowadays and there were way more problems. :(
Would you like to live in the Shakespearean era?

- Riiana

Post a Comment