Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Week 3, Day 3 (SLJ)

Activity 1
For this activity, please visit the ‘Build Tiny New Zealand’ website and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find a series of Video Tours of tiny houses. Watch any three videos on the site. On your blog, tell us whether, or not, you would like to live in a tiny house one day. Please be sure to tell us why you feel the way that you do.
When I read 'tiny house' I checked out the website very hesitant not expecting to be too surprised.
After watching this video my opinion changed. It does live up to its name but they don't look shabby. They have everything one person would ever need and it's all organised. You won't have much to clean up like in a normal house and it's perfect if you don't plan on having any guests. I would love to live in a tiny house like this!! I'm still very amazed at how much you can fit in a tiny house and have it not look cramped.
_________________________________________________
Activity 2
For this activity, we would like you to learn more about 3D printed prosthetics (artificial body parts, like hands or arms). Please watch this video about 3D printed prosthetics (artificial body parts, like hands or arms).

One thing I learned is a real prosethetic can cost up to tens of thousands of dollars while 3D printed ones cost under $100. It's insane knowing that the printed ones are only that price because they are completely body driven, meaning there's no batteries, sensors or motors.

One thing that surprised me is that people actually get bullied for not having all their body parts. People can't control how many limbs they end up with so I am struggling to comprehend why this problem exists.
_________________________________________________
Activity 3
Speaking of fast, for this activity we would like you to design your own fast vehicle. It can be anything! Please draw your super-fast vehicle on paper or use an app to help you. If it was me, I would make my super-fast vehicle something that I could use to get to school and home again each day!

7 comments:

Georgia SLJ said...

Morena Riiana,

Wow I am super impressed with all your work that you’ve done! You’ve not only completed heaps of activities but you have completed your activities to such a high standard. You should be very proud of yourself.

Wow did you draw that bike yourself?! That is incredible.I really enjoyed reading your explanation of what your bike does and why it would be helpful to someone. I really like how you have voice system to do auto pilot. It would be extremely helpful to have that feature! You could do so much in the meantime, like reading a book, call a friend. Can you think of any other things you could do while your scooter is on autopilot?

Keep up the awesome work Riiana!

Cheers,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Georgia!

Thank you again! I did use a reference but other than that yes. You can really admire the view with auto pilot on.

Sincerely,
Riiana

Georgia SLJ said...

No worries Riiana! You are doing such an awesome job with the Summer Learning Journey activities.

Did you know that alongside our prize packs we also have some really cool passes to give away? We have family passes to MOTAT, Auckland Zoo, Laser Tag & Gravity NZ. You are doing a great job so make sure you keep on top of it, you could be in to grab some of these :)

Nga mihi,
Georgia

Daniel said...

Hey Riiana

It's Daniel from the Summer Learning Journey. Well done on completing another three activities! I used to watch this program on TV called George Clarke's Amazing Spaces and it was about tiny houses that people had built. Even though they were smaller than the average house, the creators managed to make the spaces look amazing as well as having them fit all of the essentials. Keep up the awesome work!

Daniel

Mrs Hamilton said...

Hi Riiana,
What great activities and answers you have done. The tiny house is something that Mr Hamilton and I watch a programme on Netflix called "Living Big in a Tiny House". It's a kiwi guy who travels the world looking and learning about tiny houses. Love your picture of the scooter for your third activity. Mr Hamilton use to drive one of those to work every day for years. He's graduated to a large BMW bike now. I understand this was not your favourite activity, great thing is that you persevered and did it, well done.

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Daniel!

Ooo what channel did that air on and is it still running? Ever since I learned about the existence of tiny houses I've kinda wanted to know how they were built!

Thank you!

-Riiana

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Mrs Hamilton,

I guess I have another show on my watch list lol.

My mum used to have one of those scooters as well!! Haha.

Thank you!!!

-Riiana

Post a Comment