Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Week 2, Day 5 (SLJ)

Activity 1
For this activity, please brainstorm at least five ways we could support the people who are affected by the fires in New South Wales, Australia. You could think of ways to raise money, things to send them, and ways to keep them feeling positive.
Comic credit
Help with sewing
WIRES (Animal charity)
RSPCA (Animal charity)
Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery (Charity set up to help people)

The Salvation Army (Charity set up to help people)
_________________________________________________
Activity 2
For this activity,  describe your random act of kindness. What did you do? How did the person react? How did it make you feel?
When I was 6 or 7 and when my family went to the park often, there was a girl that looked my age playing by herself. I invited her to play on the octopus (I think that's what it's called) with my brother and I. She smiled and ran over to play with us. I was extremely happy because I thought I had gained another friend.
_________________________________________________
Activity 3
For this activity, choose one person and read all about them. 

9 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Great collective activity posts Riiana - which did you enjoy the most? I really enjoyed the RAK one. Did you know the simplest RAK is a smile...and it's contagious! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Collins!

I enjoyed completing activity 3!!

I did not know that. That is so sweet!!

Georgia SLJ said...

Kia ora Riiana,

This has got to be one of my favourite blog posts that you have created. Why? Because you have given us 3 different ways of presenting your work. You expressed your work through Youtube, manual writing & Google Slides.

The Australian Bushfires is incredibly heartbreaking. These fires have been going since September and they are still ongoing. I went onto this website to see where the fires are and when they first started http://google.org/crisismap/australia you should go have a look at this website.

I really enjoyed watching your video that tells us what we can do to help both the people and animals of Australia. I donated to Wires through Facebook and I just googled and found out that $30 million has been donated to Australia. This is incredible! I really like your idea of donating clothes, food and water. I wonder where we can do this in New Zealand?

Again, well done on doing such a great job Riiana! You have been really thoughtful for every post so kai pai.

Cheers,
Georgia\

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia!

I looked at the site and there are 3 ongoing fires in Kangaroo Island. D:

Wow, $30 million? That IS incredible and so are you for donating!!

- Riiana

Georgia SLJ said...

Kia ora Riiana,

That is insane that there are 3 ongoing fires on Kangaroo Island. At the moment, NSW (New South Wales) are having a downpour of rain which is helping tackle some of the fires, which is good news!

Thank you Riiana!

Blog you later,
Georgia

Daniel said...

Hi Riiana

Well done on these activities. Your random act of kindness sounds great. It is always good to make everyone feel included and the fact that you did that with a complete stranger is great! Have you done any other acts of kindness recently? Keep up the good work.

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hello Daniel!

My memory is not the greatest. The latest one I can think of is sometime last year when my dad, brother and I had bought a homeless person fried rice and a drink and given him $20.

Thank you for commenting!
- Riiana

Alex said...

Hi Riiana,
I liked how you said that we can help Australia by spreading awareness, donating money, starting fundraisers and give food and water. I also liked how you said that we could make things for the animals in need. What kind of things have you done to help the people over there?

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex,

I've only spread awareness about the issue :(

- Riiana

Post a Comment