Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Day One Part One Olden Day Olympics

Once Upon a Time in Olympia…

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Ancient Map of Greece.jpg
Thousands of years ago in the country Greece was the first ever Olympic Games held in an ancient city called
Olympia.There were amazing events like running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon.



C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Image - Stadium (Ancient Olympics).jpgIf I took part in the
Olympics, I would choose the running event. I would have to do three running events called The Stade,The Diaulos and finally The Dolichos. These three running stages have different difficulty levels. The Stade is a sprinting race. The athletes would run from one side of the stadium to the other. The Diaulos is a middle distance run. For those of you who don't know what middle distance run means, it means it's longer than a sprint race so it can go from 800 metres to the mile run which is 3000 metres. Last but not least The Dolichos race.If you thought that The Diaulos was the hardest one think again.The Dolichos race is an endurance race.The athletes have to run approximately which means almost 20 lengths of the stadium, what a work out. If the athletes can run 20 lengths, I can too if I train hard. The only reason I want to do the running event is because it would help me become fit. Stay tuned and you may be able to read another blog post about the Olden Day Olympics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Riiana,

Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme! I am so happy that you have decided to join the journey and blog with us this holiday. It's wonderful to have you!

I really appreciate all of the effort that you put into your first blog. You have clearly described each of the three running events included on the ancient (or 'Olden Day' ) Olympics and explained why you would choose running. I would have also chosen running if I was competing in the Olympics. Like you, I think that it is a great way to get fit and stay healthy. I actually try to go for a run at least once a week. Sometimes I even manage to get out twice a week but during the winter I find it a bit harder to find the time and the motivation to run when it is cold and dark outside. Instead, during winter, I try to swim instead! What about you? Do you ever go running?

Cheers, Rachel

Post a Comment