Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2019

The Step Process of My Project

Step 1. I used a ruler and the piece of wood I am going to make my project out of to make a full size working drawing of my pencil holder.

Step. 2 I used a tri-square and a ruler to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the wood.

Step. 3 I marked a square line at 90° across and along the sides using a tri-square.

Step. 4 I cut off the first piece of wood using a backed saw and a bench hook to keep it in place. I didn't have enough wood so Sir gave me a second piece.

Step. 5 Next I marked out two joints using a pencil and a tri-square.

Step. 6 Sir used a marking gauge to mark out where the joints would end.

Step. 7 I then cut along the lines using the saw and a bench hook.

Step. 8 I realised I had cut crookedly so I sandpapered the sides, not helping the problem.

Step. 9 The next week I took my project to Sir and he cut it for me along with gluing in my joint.

Step. 10 After gluing in the joint he cut out a thin piece of wood and nailed it to the bottom.

Step. 11 I waited for half an hour.

Step. 12 The next week I took my project back to Sir and we marked out the holes for the pencils.

Step. 13 He then drilled the holes and gave it back to me.

Step. 14 I sandpapered the fuzzy bits and then marked out small crosses on the side.

Step. 15 I took my project back to Sir and he drilled out holes where the crosses were.

Step. 16 He then smoothed out the edges.

Step. 17 My project was returned to me once again and I sandpapered it for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment